Saturday, June 13, 2009

COFFEE AND APPLES

COFFEE AND APPLES

Coffee and apples, let’s do it in the grand way.
Wine and cheese like the upper crust,
French kissing under the stars.

I’d bring out my finest china.
Evening in your arms implores me
To spend a little class.

Morning in your thoughts so hazy,
The sleep still in your eyes,
You’ll wonder what it is hit you.

Apple cores in the ash trays, coffee grounds in the sink.
The weatherman does his amusing stuff
And as long as I’ve got your flesh it’s enough
To see me through this fog and rain.

Like sweet caffeine, you infest and prick my brain.

Apples and coffee, dreams warmed by the fireplace.
Happiness makes for boring rhymes.
The bored cantankerous cuckoo chimes the hour for lovers.

I draw you in as the sun descends the mountains,
I shower you with kisses, raindrops in fountains.
Fountains of flowers, forests, and fauna.
Life is what we dreamed of in our poverty.

Tomorrow we will wake, two millionaires as one,
And hear the sanitation truck roar away the coffee grounds, the apple cores.
Tomorrow we will wake, and feel the wealth of kings.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2008
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...