Sunday, April 12, 2009

ALWAYS A SILVER LINING

ALWAYS A SILVER LINING

Always a silver lining, a break in the storm clouds that gush forth the rain.
A respite from the evil that thrives,
A haven from the funnel cloud that sweeps across the plain.

Look deep into the mirror of my once proud soul.
See my eyes that sparkled golden bright.
Tarry long in the roped off rooms of remembered joy,
Snuffed out by bushels full of the blackest night.

Gaze deep into the mirror of my sagging, sinking heart
And watch the dreams that glistened brightly
Turn to rust and fall apart.

Sing to me remembrances that bring to life the child of wonder,
Strum the ukulele strings to calm my inner thunder.

Sing to me soft lullabies that summon forth the child within.
The golden summer fields of youth, the carefree days that had no end.
Always a four leaf clover, amidst the poison ivy on the clinging vine.
An antidote to the sin that lingers, rescue from the tragedies
That stain these wicked times.

Gaze long into the deep, sad well of my restless spirit bruised,
The good intentions come to naught, the motives misconstrued.

Sing to me remembrances of life before the fall.
The blessed balm of quiet calm,
The tree of knowledge straight and tall, towering high above my reach,
Remembrance of the warm, sweet sand against the soles of virgin feet.

Remind me of the silver lining, a break in the cluster of storm clouds above.
Respite from a troubled journey, the healing sacrament of love.

-Bruce Potts
Copright 2008
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...