Tuesday, March 3, 2009

LOOKING FOR REDEMPTION

LOOKING FOR REDEMPTION

I’m riding deep into the sunset,
On a stallion all aflame,

While lost and wayward angels
Bandy about my name.

In private conversations
They offer up my soul
Unto the highest bidder
With his silver and his gold.

I am scouting out a resting place
On which to lay my head,
Skirting sacred borders between
The living and the dead.

I am sending out a feeler to the devil and the saints,

My heart is growing weary, my footsteps growing faint.

I’m gliding hard into the abyss of lost
With no reprieve,

Dangling on the precipice with nothing to believe.

The God of all my fathers sits sullen on the throne,
His mercy has forsaken me,
His kindness up and flown.

I am tunneling in the murky depths
With motor skills awry,
Bargaining with my captors and the terroristic sky.

A pelting rain devours the sun, a monumental storm
That floods away the afternoon and crucifies the morn.

I’m limping hard into the sunset,
Covered deep in all my fears.

Looking for redemption sweet
And finding only tears.

-BRUCE POTTS
COPYRIGHT 2008
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...