Friday, April 26, 2024

MOONBEAMS

MOONBEAMS

I am not sick

Nor am I deranged

Just because I stay up

Long past midnight.


I am the man who sails the moonbeams   

I am the man who swims in your dreams


I am the pixie who sprinkles the magic dust in your eyes

Before the diamond stars fall away,

Captives of the demon sunlight


I am floating on a moonbeam,

Footfalls sure, and so serene

Not like my usual faltering steps,

Festinating and inept.

Pretty sure it''s just a dream

At least that's how it seems. 

Floating happily, enjoying the grace.

Of being so utterly lost in space.


I am your devoted lover, 

And we share this sweet depravity

This freedom of defying gravity 

I work my silent magic

Before your eyes that stare in disbelief.

I am the man who sails the moonbeams

Take my hand when we are submerged in the deep.


-Bruce Potts

Copyright 2024

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...