Friday, October 27, 2023

IF WE SO DECIDE

IF WE SO DECIDE

It is true that I can, if I so decide,

Lasso myself a fluffy cloud and take a joyful ride.

Make the sun shine for myself or likewise make it rain,

I can maximize my pleasure and minimize the pain.


It is true that I can if I so decide,

Hang my troubles out to dry beneath a sky of cobalt blue,

On the mend in the land of pretend with a jar of joy for you.

You who glitter in my life, calm the bitter, bring the bright,

A measurement of merriment to speed you on your way.

And cooly conjure up for you a happy holiday.


It is true that I can, with sheer power of mind,

Traverse across the universe, transcending space and time.

Burning like a rocket ship to the land of the great divide,

With spirits of the past and future clamoring to my side.

Beam me up to the Mother Ship, where I will carefully tread.

And later make a mirthful noise enough to wake the dead.


It is true I can do most anything within my soul and heart.

I could rise and mend the wounds of the world if I knew just where to start.

Just give me power to harness and the will to love and learn,

And I will catch a falling star and scarcely feel the burn.

I will come to gather you and together we shall ride

On a pristine golden spaceship, if we so decide.


-Bruce Potts

Copyright 2023

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...