Friday, August 18, 2023

LEGENDARY

 LEGENDARY

(FOR KYLE ON OUR 22nd ANNIVERSARY)

Another year has come and gone,

Another year we've spent together,

Knocking down the roadblocks,

Enduring stormy weather.

22 years have quickly flown,

For me it's you and you alone,

When life turns crazy scary.

You are nothing short of brilliant,

You, my love, are legendary.


Just like old Paul Bunyan or Johnny Appleseed,

You have farmed the soil and fallow fields 

Of a heart in desperate need.

You're a solid, cool magician,

You excel at sleight of hand,

A kind and caring nursemaid,

Quick to understand.


When the road looms rough and rocky,

When my disease gets cocky,

When I am stone-like stationary,

With nerves of steel, you take the wheel,

You, my love, are legendary.


Like those stellar Wright brothers,

Orville and Wilbur by name,

Bravely you sit in the great cockpit,

As we play life's crazy game.

Just like Curie with her test tubes,

Alan Shepard with the moon,

Klein with all the fragrances 

You use to make me swoon.

Van Gogh with his paintings grand

That marked a starlit sky,

You make me feel invincible,

Convinced that I could fly.

You manage both me and a busy deli,

Leaping through sands of tall demands,

When life's a little chancy,

You indulge my flights of fancy.

Like Ali in the boxing ring, you excel at damn near everything.


Like Lewis and Clark, you have left your mark,

While traversing my lost and lonely heart,

An expedition good and grand.

With calm and clear good wisdom,

You offer up your hand.

Just like a beloved Judy Collins or a feisty Deborah Harry,

You are brave, unstoppable, you, my love, are legendary.


-Bruce Potts

Copyright 2023

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

4 comments:

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...