Tuesday, May 19, 2020

SCREAMS

SCREAMS

Ants go crawling in your sink,
I shudder just to think.

You live in a basement paradise,
your heart a pool of shattered glass,

Your blood as cold as ice.

The forms of fallen, handsome men,
clip you by the shoulders,
imploring you to dance.

You love new strangers every night.
To you a game of chance.

You clutch your crust of bread and water
and gamble with the endless night,

The mucus coats the stairwell,
With screams of bitter fright

Devils of danger dance in your dreams,
widening your eyes into oceans,

Each night you rise to scratch that itch,
With a strange new magic potion.

You trickle down the gridiron like a melting witch,
Like a grilled cheese on the griddle,
Leaving me to ponder you.
As some new sacred riddle.

Honey child, please hear me.
How your spiny nose it grows
With every passing lie,
Drunk on spineless stories
Expensive alibis.

While i swing on the vine like Tarzan,
Like a pendulum in your dreams,
Your time's all spent in merriment,
Bold and fruitless schemes.
Like life itself you have thrown me,
Still and all, deep within I know,
You're my responsibility.

Toss away the faithless men's attire
Throw a log onto the fire,
It's time to face some facts.
Arm your self with a can of Raid,
Clear your sink of the ants.
Tonight I shall move in,
To keep you from rash acts.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2020
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

This is a new poem based on an earlier poem I found among some college writings. Hope you will enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...