Friday, January 16, 2015

THESE SWEET DAYS

THESE SWEET DAYS

I never will forget, as long as I live,
These sweet days in love with you,
Here in this bright and happy home,
The precious time we spend alone.
Touched by the beauty of your eyes,
The sunshine in your grin,
That comes as such a sweet surprise,
And turns my losses back to wins.

I never will forget, long as my life lasts,
The never ending well of joy
Into which my coins have cast.
The way in which you've brightened
Every cranny of my soul,
The way you've shouldered all my burdens,
Crushed my demons whole.
Chased down the dream and cracked the case,
A Sherlock to my Watson,
It may be elementary, but it will never be forgotten.

And never think the flame dies low,
It burns forever bright for us.
Though the future seems uncertain,
We are more than flesh and dust.

And I hope that you will not forget,
As long as you may live,
These sweet days in love with me,
Here in this bright and happy home,
All the love I had to give.
I hope the memory sets you free,
And comforts you on nights alone,
Long after my spirit's flown.

-Bruce Potts
Revised Copyright 2015
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...