Friday, December 12, 2014

ONWARD, UPWARD

ONWARD, UPWARD

Onward, upward from the ashes,
Like the phoenix let me rise,
And I shall blaze a trail of glory,
All across this marble sky.

Into the hand of my creator,
Bravely, blindly I must go,
And trust that there's a world beyond
This tired earth I've come to know.

Onward, upward to the angels,
Precious guides that help me fly,
Every question finally answered,
The wherefore and the why.

Into the eye of the hurricane,
Past Satan's desperate lair,
Then swept by God into his heaven,
A world of treasure waiting there.

Onward, upward, to join my father
And my mother, parents dear,
Two grandmothers who await me
With hordes of friends that have gone before.

And onward, upward in this life,
Both eyes open 'til the end,
With many miles before I rest
And earthly fences left to mend.
Friends on earth who need my caring,
Things right here I have left undone,
Before I take my sojourn grand,
To the place that waits behind the sun.

Then onward, upward from the ashes,
Like the phoenix I shall rise,
And I shall blaze a trail of glory,
All across this marble sky.

-Bruce Potts
Revised Copyright 2014
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...