Wednesday, November 12, 2014

DIXIE CARTER HAS NOTHING ON YOU

DIXIE CARTER HAS NOTHING ON YOU
        (FOR SUZANNE LEE)

Lovely, ample, beautiful woman,
With the long black flowing hair,
I'd dance with you on blissful feet,
Tango with you anywhere.

And though I've only known you for an infancy of time,
I have fallen hard for the treasures of your spirit and your mind.

Designing woman, how you thrill me,
With your back rubs and sensuous kisses.
The gentle way you guide me,
Through my hits and through my misses.

Your sweet, sincere acceptance 
Of each and every part of me.
The Parkinson's that slows me so,
My different sexuality.

Dixie Carter has nothing on you,
With your mellifluous voice,
Your sweet southern ways.
And I hope our friendship's like a light
To illuminate the coming days.

A light that shines through hardship.
That transcends distance far and wide.
I feel your presence everywhere,
It stems the wild and raging tide.

Dixie Carter has nothing on you,
With your warmth and your wit and your scandalous tongue.
A love that transcends grief and loss,
A treasure trove of passion strong.

Lovely, ample beautiful woman, stay just the way you are.
I love you so, my precious friend, my guiding light and star.
Our dance a balm of quiet calm that echoes through the hemisphere.
i wish you peace and happiness,
In the dawning of each brand new year.

-Bruce Potts
Revised Copyright 2014
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...