Saturday, September 24, 2011

NO MORE SADNESS

NO MORE SADNESS

Today I’ll play the role of a clown,
Dancing, dancing in the daylight glory.

Tempting the sun to follow in my footsteps,
Letting all the newspapers in on my story.

I’ll scream a great big hi, to all the passersby.
It’s a funky, funky life,
So tell your children and your wife.

I’ll prance all day long on my pogo stick,
Practice a little vaudeville schtick,
And let the harmonies ring.

With tunes of gladness and no more sadness,
Just watch those people sing.

Life is too short for the tears of a minstrel,
Dancing, dancing in your morning tea.

Forget the bad news in the morning daily,
Grab your coat and a ukulele,
Come merrily along with me.

Down the funky, funky sidewalks,
With restless gait and nonsense talk.

We’ll bring cheer to the neighborhoods,
And let them know we’ve got the goods,

Banish all the pain and sorrow,
Find the gold at the end of the rainbow.

Today we’ll play the role of clowns,
Tiptoeing through the tulips, the petunias and the roses,
Dancing, dancing merrily in the daylight glory,
Smiling in our greasepaint and our bright red noses.

We’ll catch the latest funny flick.
Play fast and loose with the vaudeville schtik
And let the zingers zing.
With tunes of gladness and no more sadness
Just watch those people sing.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2011
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...