Monday, March 28, 2011

JOURNEY'S END

JOURNEY’S END

I am weary to my bones, thinking of leaving, going home.
Surrounded by companions and loving friends,
I rise once more and take my bow, here at journey’s end.

My spirit cannot be contained, it longs to soar in the morning rain.
Unfettered and trusting, alive in the mystery.
The stream of a consciousness, the thread of a history.
My spirit it refused to break, and I refused to bend.
But the angels they came and took me away
At the end of my life’s longest day, to complete my journey’s end.

Purple horizon, golden glen, places I have never been.
Soaring ever higher o’er the rocky mountain.
Like some skilled and awesome bird,
Marveling at the unmatched word,
Showering me like a splendid fountain.

All that I could hope for, all that I could pray,
Was mine at last to treasure at the end of that longest day.
My earthly journey fraught with cares, my heavenly one a godsend,
That came to me so happily and eased my journey’s end.

The friends that came and knelt by my side,
And with tears but triumph in their eyes,
Sent me spinning in the eventide, in this final glorious ride.
Up to the zenith, up to the top, to a place that the earth in its slumber forgot.
But my soul it remembered and cried out with joy and freedom from its doubt.
I felt the holes in His hands and feet and like Thomas learned the lesson sweet.
The pleasure of blind faith and the sweet relief of calm belief.
And I was swept into God’s sweet arms, safe from turmoil and from harm.

I am weary, so alone, ready for my passage home,
Surrounded by my lover and my precious friends.
Set to rise and grace the skies, here at last at journey’s end.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2011
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...