Saturday, August 21, 2010

MY LOVER AND MY FORTRESS

Note: This past week Kyle and I celebrated our ninth year anniversary. We first met August 18th, 2001. In honor of the occasion, below is one of the first poems I wrote for him. I thank him for a beautiful nine years, and here's to the rest of our lives together!

MY LOVER AND MY FORTRESS

The contours of your body,
as you lie within my grasp.

Legs entwined and bare feet touching,
in the cool of love-fed sheets.

The hairs on your back and neck beckon erotically,
And I feel tender for you, protective and proud.

You came and kidnapped me,
tied up my heart,
pillaged it like a bandit,
And keep it as a prized possession
to spirit you through the day.

And I have fallen oh so hard,
hurled down a flight of fancy,

Stricken by a bout with the porker Cupid,
Frazzled and weak in the knees.

And like a naked prince you kneel before me,
I see your smile and decipher your soul.

A distribution of body hair that drives me to distraction,
A sweet expanse of gentle man, my lover and my fortress.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2010
(first composed in 2002)
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...