Saturday, July 17, 2010

DOWN THROUGH THE YEARS

DOWN THROUGH THE YEARS

Down through the years you have clothed me in light,
Seen me through many a nightmare-drenched night.

Sung me your love songs, your melodies spare,
In the soft desert moon, in the rarefied air.

Down through the years, like an agent for peace,
You have nurtured my spirit with great expertise,
And filled in the gaps that were left by the wind,
With the will of a soldier and the zeal of a friend.

Tumbling through time, we fall to the ground,
Breaking swift barriers of sight and of sound.
Walking through time on its thin grains of sand,
And finding my heaven in the clasp of your hand.

Down through the years as the tides ebb and flow,
Your love the most constant feeling I’ve known.
Winding its way through the rivers divine,
Stealing across the deep canyons so fine.
Taking the past and all its sad stories,
And building a future of consummate glory.

Down through the years you have walked the good earth,
Raised me from death and eased my rebirth.
Held me through changes, shielded from harm,
Here in the fold of your sweet loving arms.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2010
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...