Saturday, May 15, 2010

ANGELS IN THE ATMOSPHERE

ANGELS IN THE ATMOSPHERE

I dare not be sleeping, when inspiration strikes,
Deaf to the sure swift hand of Fate in its flight.

For the moon is high in the October sky,
It’s getting cold this time of year,
And everywhere I turn I see
The angels in the atmosphere.

The angels that watch over me,
As I lay sleeping safe and sound.
Their presence I once doubted
From my vantage point upon the ground.

The angels that sing clear and strong,
The angels that fly with all their might,
Across the valleys and the mountains,
Fading in and out of sight.

I dare not nod nor dare doze off
When they spread their awesome wings,
And lay down sweet beside me
With the joy that freedom brings.

For the nights are long, the trials are real,
The burdens great that I must bear.
So they lend to me their courage grand
And offer up their blessings fair.

And I will rise and call their names,
As surely as I know my own.
And tell the world the joy I’ve found,
The sweet relief from rocks and stones.

The joyful songs that echo forth whenever they are near.
Those sweet companions of my days,
The angels in the atmosphere.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2009
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...