Saturday, April 17, 2010

ANTONIO

ANTONIO

Antonio, my darling peacock,
Leave the music on and stay awhile,
Let me bask in the glow of your Spanish smile.
I’m afraid I need the singers after all
To ease my suffering, to answer my call.

Antonio, let me strip you gently of your clothes.
I’m afraid I need to taste your body
Just once more before you go.
Just one more night in the tropic breeze,
Then leave me to my memories.

Antonio, my darling peacock,
Pucker up that rainbow set of lips
Parade past me with those swinging hips,
And kiss me one last time upon the spiral staircase,
Before you bid your sad farewell to me in this lonesome place.

Let our lips dance across the rivers of our wasted dream,
The fabric of our love unraveled and tearing at the seam.
Let me strip you gently of your clothes one more time tonight,
And press your body close to mine and hold on to me tight.

Antonio, my darling peacock, leave the music on
As the credits roll across the screen of our sad little show.
I fear I was always in need of the singers,
And was too proud to bend and let you know.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2010
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...