Monday, September 7, 2009

SIMPLE

SIMPLE

Like a brightly colored beach ball
In the arms of a happy child,

Your love is pure and simple,
And it stretches over miles.

Back to the beaches of my youth
Where I strolled alone along the sand.

Love came to me quite simply, like nothing I had planned.

In my eyes you walk on water and shower me anew
With blessings that crash over me in waves of crystal blue.
And if I had a crystal ball, I will never understand,
The wonderment of your embrace,
The thrill of your outstretched hand,

Like the smile that shows the precious dimple,
Your love is pure and oh, so simple.
Like a billowing parachute or a bouncing trampoline,
Those childhood games of innocence that time has come between.

The music of our youth still plays on the oldies radio,
Though we age and though our precious hair is gone or white as snow.
Though our sojourn on this earth is brief,
And to history we are but a pimple,
My love for you lives proud and strong,
Still and sweet and simple.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2009
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...