Saturday, September 12, 2009

OH HOW I STILL LOVE YOU

OH, HOW I STILL LOVE YOU

Early in the morning, when ghosts still haunt the streets,
I close my eyes and conjure you, and once again my days are sweet.
For from my heart you are never far, fair to imagine,
Like some shooting star that brightens up the heavens blue.
Incandescent, ever true, oh, how I once loved you.

And in the glaze of afternoon, when lost in magic sunlight’s sheen.
Your memory lives, like a waking dream, to calm my day and cool my feet
That burn from the macadam hot, like chili peppers on the street.
In my soul you still survive, I keep your essence still alive,
And in the heat and summer gloom, oh, how I once loved you.

Death is never very far, eternal life, eternal scar,
Scar of passage, scar of loss, scar of tears and chances lost.
Lost to me for now you are, but Death is never very far.

Late in the velvet evening, when I breathe in the musk of sacred dusk.
I can almost feel your spirit hover, under nightfall’s sacred cover.
Forever you are still my mother, in my heart you take your throne,
And wrap my wounds in your healing balm, comforting when I’m alone.

Late in the velvet evening, when evening’s chill it pierces through.
I sit and weep in restless sleep, oh, how I still love you.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2009
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

1 comment:

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...