Thursday, September 3, 2009

DIRGE

DIRGE

Sing me a dirge, if you’re brave and feel the urge,
For I am sinking like a stone, heading towards the Great Unknown.
And though I’m packed and ready for my everlasting trip,
I have the need for godspeed to bless my sovereign ship.

Sing me a dirge, like some graceful winged bird,
And I will soar forevermore, sight unseen and sound unheard,
Past the mountains and the canyon grand,
From the choppy sea to the golden land.

Who said this was the only dimension?
Whoever heeds and pays attention
Knows that life is an open door,
A turnstile revolving, we have all been here before,
The soul has just forgotten, its life in days of yore.

The light will beckon, the questions will dissolve,
Replaced with the answers, all finally resolved.
Friends they will greet me with outstretched arms,
There is no cause of weeping, no source of alarm.
Death is the boatman and death is a godsend.
Pay no attention to the gruff apparition in black robe and staff,
Death is a merry prankster, and he has the last laugh.

Who said this was the only dimension?
Whoever heeds and pays attention,
Knows that life is an open door,
Knows in his heart we have been here before.

And perhaps we all shall pass this way again,
No one but the shadow knows and it will not yet say,
Just bundle me up carefully and send me on my way.

Sing me a dirge, if you’re brave and feel the urge,
And when you gaze up at the stars at night,
I shall be the one that shines for you with the brightest light.
I will glimmer, I will blink, a strange, seductive private wink.
A wink that only you can see, that binds you evermore to me
And sets your doubting spirit free.

Sing me a dirge, until you have purged, every last vestige and burden of sorrow.
Sing me a dirge and believe every word, and rise to a new and a shining tomorrow.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2009
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...