Sunday, August 23, 2009

SUNRISE AS USUAL

SUNRISE AS USUAL

On the day after I leave the planet,
Really nothing much will change,
The mighty buffalo still will roam,
And cowboys still will ride the range.
And mothers will labor and still give birth,
To restock the population of the earth.
Maybe a new President or a scientist will be born,
Bringing peace to a war-torn world
And healing to the sick and forlorn.

My friends will cry, my enemies will rejoice,
In equal amounts of conviction and force.
My lover will pause for a moment to grieve,
His heart an open hole will continue to bleed.
Until one day he finds another kindred soul
To heal up his wounds and again make him whole.

On the day when at last my breath does cease,
I will cross to the world of the spirit with ease,
And the faith of my fathers will fall into place,
All God’s mercy and amazing grace.
And my soul will inhabit the sky like a pearl,
And the sunrise as usual will boldly unfurl.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2009
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...