Tuesday, August 25, 2009

CYCLE OF OUR ROMANCE

CYCLE OF OUR ROMANCE

I could cycle with you through this world
On a bicycle built for two.

So deep and strong it resonates, this passion that I feel for you.

We could cycle through the mountain passes,
All along this fruited plain.

Cycle through the fields of plenty
Or through wet streets in a drenching rain.

Cycle through life’s seasons, the summer heat, the winter chill,
Taking the good that may befall us, making light of the bad and the ill.

I could cycle with you to the depths of the bluest sparkling sea,
A champagne-laced triathlon, tailor made for you and me.

Exploring in our wet suits, each rare and wondrous curve,
Admiring your great beauty that lives in deed and word.

I could cycle with you to the midst of a clearing,
Where the deer graze peacefully in the shade,
A picnic basket full of treasures, special treats that I have made.

I could cycle with you through the skies, like Elvira Gulch in a twister mean,
With a little kitten I have kidnapped, a cute little token of my esteem.

And we will land in some Emerald City,
perhaps to be London this time around.

No matter where we wander to, you keep my feet on solid ground.

I will cycle with you to the bed we share, strip you gently of your clothes,
And behold the flesh that I adore, smooth as soy milk, scented like the rose.

I will cycle with you to the end, when time at last is still,
The cycle of our romance dear, for I love you now and always will.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2009
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...