Thursday, June 4, 2009

STASH

STASH

You are my stash of sunshine,
When Mother Nature throws a snit,
Throwing a belligerent fit.
Covering my cheerful earth
In a garb of rain and mournful black.

You are my stash of rainy day cash,
Hidden in the pantry, behind the sugar and spice.
Your kind words issue invitation,
Your eyes they do entice.

You are my stash of wisdom, for I can be a fool,
And you have taught me scores of lessons
I could have never learned in school.

You are sage beyond belief, clairvoyant, and oh, so kind.
You could solve the riddle of the Sphinx if given enough time.
You are loyal as the day is long, your cologne is sweet and strong.
And I want to burrow deep in you, explore your every avenue.
You are my final refuge, the only place that I belong.

You are my stash of comfort, when the world turns upside down,
When dreams come crashing to the earth and troubles gather ‘round.

You are my stash of legal drugs, not the only one by any means,
But the strongest one in my arsenal to keep me sharp and keen.
You are my stash of sunlight, when Mother Nature plays the bitch.
You are a cold, clean drink of water, you are my favorite sandwich.
And until this earthly life is done and all that’s left of me is ash,
You’re in my heart where you belong, my lovely one, my stash.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2008
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...