Friday, June 19, 2009

NOT PURELY ACCIDENTAL

NOT PURELY ACCIDENTAL

A twist of fate that we should meet,
At this juncture of the road.

My cup not only runneth over, but it doth explode.

And though not purely accidental, it still was a surprise,
To find the love I’d wanted standing right before my eyes.

And when friends inquire of how we met and how our love evolved,
I like to say I special ordered you from a gay male catalogue,
And built you to my specifications like a Frankenstein within my lab
And had you hand delivered for a very hefty tab.

Truth is I don’t really know what led your path to mine
Or made the sun engulf my life in such a brilliant shine.
The place we met a bit bizarre, from out my past some evil star,
And I thought myself a victim of some cruel and cosmic joke.

It took awhile for me to come around to the enormity
Of the bittersweet coincidence.
How fate had taken precedence over fear and trepidation,
And led me to your blessed door, a kind and gentle resonance,
And brushed its hand over my blind and jaded eyes,
Allowing me to see.

Not purely accidental and largely by divine design,
A twist of fate that we should meet, a miracle landing just in time.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2008
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...