Sunday, June 21, 2009

CIRCLING THE WAGONS

CIRCLING THE WAGONS

When I’m forsaken by the world and need a love that’s tender,
You always come stand by my side to be my brave defender.

Just like in the frontier days, ever since you found me,
You build a fortress tall and strong, circling the wagons around me.

When I’m lost and faltering on the precipice of doom,
You welcome me inside your soul where there’s always lots of room.

Just like in a western, you gallop on your horse
And bravely take the errant reigns and set me back on course.

Just like in the frontier days, your loving acts astound me,
You take me in your gentle arms, circling the wagons around me.

When I’m left pondering what to do, when the world throws me a curve ball,
You know at once just how to act and catch me as I fall.

When the days of wine and roses turn to vinegar and thorns,
You mount your steed and ride my way and you’re always there by morn.

To give a reassuring word, comfort that will last,
To shine your magic lantern upon my shadowy path.

Just like the lone ranger times, when outlaws roamed the land,
You keep me safe from danger, fill my hour glass back with sand.

Just like in the frontier days, your love and kindness ground me.
Your kisses melt the hurt away, circling the wagons around me.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2008
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...