Wednesday, June 24, 2009

BRAVE HEART

BRAVE HEART

It takes a brave heart to love a man like me,
A bionic man of electrodes and wires.
A man who can shake like the San Andreas fault,
Who can thrash in his dreams like a raging brush fire.

It takes a robust and a hearty soul to love a man like me,
To take the weariness away, to set the prisoner free.
But if ever there was a man who could do it, it is you.
A soul sublime who walks the line, a one man rescue crew.

You come to me with open arms, your special jaws of life
And pry me from the wreckage in the tunnel of the night.
It takes a kind magician to work his way into my heart
With spells and magic potions of beauty and of art.

To whisk me away to places far, the firmament, the evening star.
To make each ordinary day sparkle bright as pixie dust,
To teach this doubting Thomas how to yield and how to trust.

It takes a steadfast counselor, a wise and willing friend,
To walk the path I travel down from now until the end.
To hold me when it’s all too much, to see inside my soul
As the days pass swiftly by and illness takes its toll.

It takes a brave heart to love a man like me.
To wipe the tears I sometimes weep, to listen to my fitful sleep.
To cling steadfast with great devotion,
like a gentle breeze from off the ocean.
I hold you in my heart so dear and daily put you to the test.
My gentle soul, my only hope, the one I love the best.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2008
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...