Thursday, May 14, 2009

WINTER FIREWORKS

WINTER FIREWORKS

On this cold and blustery wintry night, we build a fire that blazes bright.
Two men abreast on a bear skin rug, lying nude in amorous spoon.
Bodies prone and holding hands, lost inside a lovers’ swoon.

Each night I’m ripe for rediscovering why I fell in love with you.
The stars flit through the windowsill, in dazzling shades of moonlight blue.
They prance upon the curtains proud and swirl in patterns on the ceiling,
So wrap your gentle arms around me, once again with feeling.

I will meet you at this sacred hearth, where the flames untie our bashful tongues
And I share my deepest hopes and fears, my joys and sorrows every one.
The starshine soft upon your skin sends words cascading from your mouth
And confidences fill the air ‘til the wee hours dawn and sleep wins out.

I will meet you in the velvet dark of this unassuming hearth.
For these are days that crush the spirit and incinerate the soul
And I need to take you in my arms and lick you slow from head to toe.
To make each night a shining beacon, torchlight shining far and wide,
Facing an uncertain planet, two companions side by side.

Holding on like glue to passion, clinging hard to romance,
Barefoot on the bearskin rug, gingerly we slow dance.
On this freezing evening clear, in this our private hemisphere,
We mine our past of memories dear
And bring each other to our knees with pleasure born of fantasies.

Lovers true and stalwart friends, a bond too strong to comprehend.
So meet me at the sacred hearth, and let the winter fireworks start.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2008
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...