Monday, May 4, 2009

WHERE ARE YOU, MY LOVE?

WHERE ARE YOU, MY LOVE?

Where are you, my sweet love, where have you gone,
Inching your way over pebbles and stones.
Finding your passion and singing the songs
That rise in the morning, gorgeous and strong.

Where are you, my boatman, my passionate friend?
Your love’s like a story without any end,
And I sail with you lost on an ocean divine,
Immune to the renegade nature of time.

Where are you, my lighthouse, my comforter true?
I swim in the sweet, swift current of you,
And spend handsome days in the fold of your arms,
Soaking up blessings, drinking up charms.

Where are you, my savior, my dream heaven sent,
My vision of kindness, my air of contentment?
You’re there when I lay down, closing my eyes,
And there in the morning when at last I arise.
Comforting me like a warm, downy cover,
Enveloping me in the arms of a lover.

Where are you in morning time, lost to the skies,
Banished, alas, from my passionate eyes.
Are you a wizard, a king, or a saint,
A cute clown in hiding beneath all the greasepaint.

Where are you in evening time, compass pointed at the moon?
A thrill divine, how bright you shine, a master coming for me soon.
Where are you, my angel, have you spread your wings
And flown from this world of commonplace things.
Exploding in passion, caressing the songs
That rise in the morning, gorgeous and strong.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2008
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...