Friday, May 8, 2009

LONG FORGOTTEN LULLABY

LONG FORGOTTEN LULLABY

Living out my life beneath the shadow of your dreams,
Electric current running underneath the backdrop of your muted screams.

Hungering for mercy that lingers on the edge
And hunts the fruited plain in memory
Of quiet songs that rouse the dead.

Sing to me in your darkest travail,
I will rescue you from the briny deep.
Hold you in your tattered clothes,
Restore to you your restful sleep.

And I will make the morning grand,
Bouquet of roses in your hands.

A scene domestic and divine, alive with flowers and sweet wine.

Living out my life under the shadow of your stars,
Aching with remembrance of the love that once was ours.
And tossed inside your dreams of mirth, you hunger for benevolent birth
And toast the dreams hidden inside, the places lesser loves have died.

I am in your corner like a prize fighter on speed,
I can taste the charming victory as I plant my wholesome seeds.
And build a place of great finesse, a place where hate cannot transgress.
A solemn holy refuge from the darkest times,
Times when songs fell into slumber, lost at last to humankind.

And you, alas, are lost to me, you cannot hear my muted pleas.
I am trapped beneath the canopy of your wasted sky.
A sky that fell and shattered well our long forgotten lullaby.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2008
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...