Monday, April 27, 2009

DARKENED ROOMS

DARKENED ROOMS

Casual lovers have led me into their darkened rooms
And had their way with me
Without my half knowing why.

Casual acquaintances, the me I thought I knew
Seduced me until I denied myself
And then the cock crowed three times.

No time left for lies,
Spirits, messengers of peace
Accost me in darkened rooms.

They move through the night on gossamer wings
And die when they see the sunshine
And leave a barrel of doubts in my eyes.

Who was it once said if the gods exist,
They do not concern themselves
with the affairs of men.

Lover, lead me into your darkened rooms.

Have your way with me ‘til I deny myself
And let the cock crow three times.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2008
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...