Wednesday, March 4, 2009

REMEMBERING YOU

REMEMBERING YOU
(FOR MOTHER)

I want to live fearlessly, gather the wildflowers.
Praising each second, extolling each hour.

To waken each morning with pure gratitude,
Embracing the present, remembering you.

To go on a magical sojourn through time,
A lavender journey with laughter and song.

Buoyed by the love and the company of friends,
Those precious companions that follow along.

I want to have a laugh of honey,
To think the best of everyone.
To trust the hand of Providence,
Taking each day as it comes.

To eat and drink with merry gusto,
To savor with supreme delight
All the tasty treats before me
That tease and tempt the appetite.

I want to live kindly and patient and wise
And see the world through your graceful green eyes.

The way you made allowances for man’s unpleasantness,

The way you opened up your heart
And poured forth sweet forgiveness.

I want to live fearlessly, banishing sorrow,
Praising each second, each shining tomorrow,

And then in the twilight of an amorous moon,
To light all my candles, remembering you.

=BRUCE POTTS
COPYRIGHT 2008
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...