Tuesday, March 17, 2009

IN GREAT ABUNDANCE

IN GREAT ABUNDANCE

To travel across the ocean wide,
To see what’s on the other side,

To take your hand and bravely go
To places where the rivers flow.

In great abundance springs our love,
Bright as stars that glimmer high,

And we can catch life by the tail
As it goes whizzing quickly by.

I will be your stowaway on every long lost journey
And we will sail to places grand,
Holding heaven in our hands.

To fly into a sunset laced with every contour of your face,

It has become my fervent dream, my grandest hope, my fondest scheme.

It matters not the venue, it matters not the clime,
To be with you in this love so true until the end of time
Is all that matters in the end, to have found in you a lifelong friend,

The lover dancing merrily in all my waking reveries.

To travel across the ocean blue, secure inside this love so true.
To take your hand secure in mine, bathed in words so soft and kind.

In great abundance springs the day, as here with you I gladly stay
And we can catch life by the tail, before it slips away.

-BRUCE POTTS

COPYRIGHT 2008

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...