Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I COULD SLEEP THE NIGHT

I COULD SLEEP THE NIGHT

I could sleep the night, deep in peace beside you,
In between the cool, clean sheets of my lover’s vows.

I could count the sheep and their passing bleats,
And the Sandman would come tiptoeing in
Before I reached the number ten.

I could sleep the night so fearlessly,
For you’ve become so dear to me.

I could sleep the night, covered in the song
of you and me,

Blind to the land mines and grenades
That clutter up the scenery.

I could slumber sweet with no regrets
And hobknob with the moon and stars,
Wrapped in the golden promise
of this miracle that is ours.

If you would only mouth the words that signify devotion,

If you would let your eyes meet mine
and drink the magic potion,

You’d fall beneath my well laid schemes,
Be victim to my wishes,
And lie with me in rapture sweet,
In moments so delicious.

If you would only plunge and fall,
Head over your helpless heels,

You’d be pierced by Cupid’s bow
And know just how it feels.

I could sleep the night, deep in peace beside you,
In between the clean, soft sheets, floating in slow motion.

I could sleep the night so soundly,
For you’ve become my destiny,
swimming laps beside me in this happy ocean.

-BRUCE POTTS
COPYRIGHT 2008
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...