Tuesday, December 29, 2015

HAD A WEIRD DREAM

HAD A WEIRD DREAM

Had a weird dream
Got lost in the woods at a funeral.
The rain it poured.
The sun it didn't shine.
Don't know if the funeral
Was someone else's or mine.

Had a weird dream,
The same one really.
I know that may sound kind of silly.
Lost my car in a parking lot
Some five hundred or so miles long,
That was one hell of a camouflaged parking spot,
I must have parked it very wrong.
Or perhaps my feeble mind forgot.
Helped a young man and his girlfriend
Find their car when I found mine at last,
Only to find myself low on gas.

Not only was the dream scary,
The dream was downright strange,
There was one lone alpaca,
Who sat up, shook my hand,
And addressed me by my name.
He was no help with the cars though,
For he was too distraught,
It was a funeral after all,
And he was laden with sorrow.
He is a pack animal first and foremost,
Perhaps an usher at the funeral,
A minister or a host.
He sat there and wept,
While we slipped away on the road to ruin,
Come back to me with a meaning,
My dear sweet Carl Jung.

Had a weird dream
Got lost in the woods at a funeral.
Sure wish the rain had stopped and the sun had shone,
That I hadn't felt so all alone.
Wish I knew what it was all about,
For it's left me feeling down and out.
Perhaps even a bit annoyed,
Ideas, Mr. Sigmund Freud?

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2015
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...