Friday, November 28, 2014

CRAVING THE RAINBOW

CRAVING THE RAINBOW

Rain hits asphalt like a hammer coming down,
Splintering my life into pieces on the ground.

These days life has lost its gentle diamond glow
And I spend all my leisure just craving the rainbow.

Craving the days of my strength and glory,
Craving the days of love's wondrous story.

Craving the days when it all came so easy,
When walking and talking and thinking were breezy.
And I walked in the world with hardly a care,
Through glorious meadows and up the steep stairs,
To the flower of my youth and the glory of my love.
I am craving the rainbow, smoke signaling the dove.

The snow hits the road like a coat of white shellac.
My wheels spin and my engine roars,
Winter launches its surprise attack.

The car veers and glides, off the road it slides,
Snowbound like this life of mine that shimmies off the track.
And though the snow is beautiful with the ice that hangs from trees,
The winter's a behemoth, that brings me to my knees.

Rain hits asphalt, like a dead man in a hurry,
The days go flying quickly by, lost in all their fury.
Life has lost its reason, its meaning and its flow,
And I am life's stepchild, still craving the rainbow.

-Bruce Potts
Revised Copyright 2014
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...