Wednesday, March 25, 2015

SOME BRILLIANT PEACE

SOME BRILLIANT PEACE

Today I speak of triumph,
Through a voice that's compromised.
Today I speak of wonder,
Though seen through damaged eyes.
Though much has slipped through clumsy fingers,
These hands are clenched in fitful prayer.
A lust for life still lingers,
And greets me unprepared.

Today I see beyond the body,
With eyes that pierce the veil.
A shooting star aimed straight from heaven,
I plucked it by the tail.
And it's become my alibi,
My second chance, my reason why.
My newfound stash of rainy day cash,
Like manna falling from the sky.

It's most amazing in its staging,
Its changing of my mood.
It's vexing and perplexing,
But I'm loath to change this attitude.
This waterfall of giving thanks
For every scrap of breath,
A lease on life renewed each day 
From the ponderous murky depths.

I creep through my day slowly,
But at the very least I creep,
And I'm only now accepting,
I may be decades from the final sleep.

And I may not do it perfectly,
And I may not do it fast.
But I have slowly built my empire 
And have found some brilliant peace at last.
A peace that glimmers, see it shine,
In my crazy bloodshot eyes,
Redeemed by the holy bread and wine,
In my desperate heart it thrives.

We all are floating on this ship,
We find it hard to breathe,
No way to gauge the way Fate tips,
A fond farewell or a reprieve.
The rain it pours, but as it goes,
In the sky it leaves a rainbow. 

So arise and speak of triumph,
Though your voice is tired and thin.
Arise and speak of wonder
And prizes left to win.
Alas, pick up your mat and gladly go your way.
For death and illness now are vanquished,
And joyful falls a brand new day.

-Bruce Potts
Revised Copyright 2015
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...