Monday, August 18, 2014

LOVE'S REAFFIRMATION SAYS

LOVE'S REAFFIRMATION SAYS

(TO KYLE ON OUR 13TH ANNIVERSARY)

Repeat the vows you made to me,
When you first won my heart,
When there were only vaguest rumblings
That our life could come apart.

Reaffirm the electric charge 
With which my heart you plundered,
And what God hath brought together 
Let time not tear asunder.

Love's reaffirmation says,
I am with you for all time,
Without you there's no morning,
No singing birds, no sunshine.

Love's reaffirmation says,
I love the roads we've been,
And down that long and winding path,
I would deign to walk again.

There are times where I feel insecure,
So kindly hear my plea.
I have to say that physically,
I'm half the man I used to be.

I need to know it's me you'd choose
For a romp between the covers,
For life's a tenuous rocky climb,
For even the best of lovers.

Your soul's a clear blue sparkling lake into which I long to dive,
A sweet breath of refreshment that keeps my heart alive.
A charge goes up and down my spine when alas our fingers touch,
And just to share my day with you has grown to mean so much.

Repeat the vows we've just assumed,
Calmly and without hurry.
My heart sometimes becomes subsumed,
Filled with needless worry.

My feelings have no rhyme or reason,
I know our love's no passing season.
Just need to know you'll be there in the summer and the spring,
But most of all in winter, in the sunset of my dreams.

Love's reaffirmation, it takes me by the hand,
Whispers in my timid ears until they understand.
Love's reaffirmation says, 
I am with you for all time,
There will always be a morning,
Replete with birds and sunshine.

Love's reaffirmation says,
That everything worth knowing,
Is in the sunrise in your eyes,
Your graceful spirit glowing.

-Bruce Potts
Copyright 2014
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT

SERENADE OF TWILIGHT The stars in your eyes, love, I tried them on for size. They shone as bright as diamonds, how they mesmerized. And when...